We are very passionate about the natural world, we believe every animal should have the opportunity to live out its life afforded the five freedoms;
1. Freedom from thirst, hunger and malnutrition – by ready access to fresh water and a
diet to maintain full health and vigor.
2. Freedom from discomfort – by providing a suitable environment including shelter and
a comfortable resting area.
3. Freedom from pain, injury and disease – by prevention or rapid diagnosis and treatment.
4. Freedom to express normal behaviors – by providing sufficient space, proper facilities
5. Freedom from fear and distress – by ensuring conditions that avoid mental suffering.
Animals are intelligent, fascinating members of our world and have an important place in the delicate balance of existence for this planet. They deserve to be respected, and to be treated kindly and responsibly whether in the wild, or in our personal lives.
Think of the earth as a giant ball-shaped jigsaw puzzle with each piece of that puzzle vital to the existence of the planet. Each time a piece of the puzzle is lost, we come closer to the decimation of the whole. If you look up the word "decimation," you will find that some "near antonyms" are "preservation," "conservation" and "protection." That is our passion!
Copyright © 2012. Safe Haven & Educational Adventures, Inc. All rights reserved.
Safe Haven & Educational Adventures, Inc. is a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt charity.